Passive Intake Screens
Passive Intake Screens are commonly used to separate large amounts of solids from liquids,again the aperture of the screen will determine the size of the particles allowed to flow through the drum,rotating trommel drums work by getting slurry pumped into one end of the drum,as the drum rotates the smaller particles fall through the larger particles make their way to the end of th the drum as the drums are usually set up on a slight angle to help the material flow.
Passive Intake Screens can intake for drinking water, plants, fish hatcheries, industrial process water, power plant cooling water, desalination plants and many other applications require careful design consideration in order to responsibly protect the aquatic life at the intake.
Advantage of the Passive Intake Screens
1. A continuous slot opening which significantly increases the available open area, thus providing greater access to the water bearing zone
2. A V-shaped profile wire which avoids clogging and ensures an uninterrupted flow.
3. A uniform and efficient well development due to the continuous slot opening.
4. Ladder-like wire welded screens have a strong structure and high open area, as well as accurate slot dimension.
5. Ladder-like wire welded screens have the features of easy backwashing, last long, safety and reliability as well as low comprehensive cost.
Features of the Passive Intake Screens
High mechanical strength, can withstand greater pressure
Uniform aperture, form uniform filter cake, beneficial backwash regeneration
Wedge-shaped filter gap, improve backwash regeneration capacity
High pressure, high temperature, anti-aging, corrosion resistant, available for many types liquid.
Almost two-dimensional filter, without particle accumulation, can gather energy when backwash, good backwash effect.